I truly believe this is true:
- Shakti Gawain
The “taking risks on its behalf” part is difficult, especially when the reward hasn’t surfaced yet. You need to be persistent and keep on taking those risks for the universe and it will reward you. The reward might not be quite what you were expecting, but every time I have put myself out there, the rewards have been worth it.
What risks could you take today that would get you where you would like to be?
- Eating healthy
- Exercising a little bit
- Being nice to strangers
- Being nice to people you know
- Being nice to the people who hate you
- Work on your dream, even if it’s just a little bit
- Learn a new language, just five minutes a day
- Give a little extra effort in your job
None of these seem like risks when you look at them, but they really are.
- When you eat healthy, you skip the bingeing, starving, purging or treats that you normally would have had.
- When you exercise, even a little bit, you might be sore the next day.
- When you’re nice to strangers, acquaintances or enemies, there is a very real risk that they will be mean to you back. Do it anyway.
- When you spend time on your dream, even just a little bit, you get that much closer to achieving it or failing. It’s the risk of failure that makes most people do nothing instead.
- When you learn a new language, you open up a plethora of possibilities, from job opportunities to travel. The only problem is that it’s HARD. Risk the hard to experience the rewards.
- When you give a little extra effort on your job, you risk no one noticing, or, even worse, they’ll expect it out of you from now on. Just keeping doing that little extra, however, and you will find yourself in a much better position than before.
EVERY positive action has a risk, but they are worth it. Maybe not in the way you’re expecting, but you WILL be rewarded for your risks. So take them!