I like to keeps some canned veggies in the cupboard just in case I run out of healthy food to eat. Here is a quick meal that I make up when I need something REALLY low in points and need to knock off a couple of vegetables off my list.
Mexi-Beans – 4 Points – Serves 3
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 can of green beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 6 tsp of olive oil (if desired)
- 3 tsp of Mexican seasoning
- 6 granules of dried chipotle (more if you like it spicy)
- 3 Glad or Ziploc bowls
- Drain the can of kidney beans
- Pour the can of kidney beans into one of the Glad bowls. Fill the bowl with water and gently rinse the beans. Drain the water and divide the beans between the three bowls.
- Drain the can of green beans. Divide the beans evenly between the three bowls.
- Open the can of tomatoes and divide between the three bowls.
- Add 1 tsp of Mexican seasoning and 2 granules of dried chipotle to each bowl. If you want to finish off your oil requirement for the day, add 2 tsp of olive oil to each bowl. You can also spice it up with Tabasco sauce, taco sauce packets from Taco Bell, etc.
- Cover the bowls and put them in the fridge.
When it’s time to eat, pull out a bowl from the fridge, crack the lid and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes. This recipe makes three meals and it’s EASY!
A special thank you to Braidwood for emailing me a recipe-sharing email. It got me off my butt to write down this incredibly simple meal idea.