I love the presentation on this Caprese Salad. I found it here:
I’m used to seeing Caprese Salad looking like this:
Cutting the tomatoes partially looks so pretty and allows the vinegar and olive oil to pool nicely between the mozzarella and basil. Here is how it looked when I made it.
Here is the recipe:
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella
- 20 to 30 leaves (about 1 bunch) fresh basil
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices, but only 3/4 of the way through the tomato.
- Cut the mozzarella into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Tuck one slice of mozzarella and a couple of leaves of basil between the tomato slices.
- Drizzle olive oil and vinegar over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the tomatoes.
- Serve chilled.
Next time you’re not in the mood to cook in the hot kitchen, make this chilled salad and enjoy the fresh flavors!