If your morning bacon and eggs has gotten a little too routine, here is a way to mix it up. I made myself a chocolate and cream cheese omelet on Sunday and it was divine!
- 1 TBSP butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa
- 2 packets of stevia
- 1 oz. cream cheese
- Put the butter in your skillet and set the flame on medium.
- While the skillet is warming up, mix the eggs, cream, cocoa and 1 packet of stevia in a bowl. The cocoa won’t fully mix in (there will be tiny chunks of it), but that doesn’t affect the taste.
- Once the butter is fully melted and bubbling, pour the egg mixture into the pan and put on a lid for approximately three minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese with the other packet of stevia (you can use the same bowl that you mixed your eggs in).
- Flatten the cream cheese mixture until it is approximately the size of half your omelet.
- Place the cream cheese on the egg mixture and gently fold in half.
- Cook for two minutes more or until the cream cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving (no one wants molten cream cheese lava burning their tongues in the morning).
- Calories 396.6
- Total Fat 37.2g
- Total Carb 3.6g
- Fiber 0.6g
- Protein 15.3g
The next time you’re feeling chocolate deprived, remember that you can create low carb chocolately food on your own without sacrificing your health.
I’ve found that Sweet N Low tastes better than Splenda in this recipe. Additionally, using coconut oil instead of butter makes it taste especially yummy and only adds twenty calories. I talked about it here: